Marketing, Marketing, Marketing
We have wonderful arts, heritage and sporting events organised by volunteers with only a small contribution from Council and yet they manage to attract positive attention and visitors to Whanganui. Council must utilise the collective power of those community groups to provide a cohesive program to promote the city.
We also have wonderful resources and people-
- A heritage town centre
- Sarjeant Gallery- nationally recognised
- Whanganui Regional Museum with an international collection
- Royal Whanganui Opera House
- Heritage Paddle boats
- River adventures
- Bike trail
- Excellent and broad sporting facilities
- Wonderful west coast beach
- Strong culture
- Central position – 2 1/2 hours to many locations
- Music, theatre and art
We must have a clear marketing plan, message and organisation established that is community lead and Council supported, to effectively market Whanganui as a great place to visit, live and do business. Whanganui and Partners must be organised and funded to better function and fulfil Whanganui’s potential.